Our business' original trading name was Dore Brothers, which was established in 1946 and is still current today. In addition to this title, since 2007, we have also traded under the name Gympie Auto LPG. Dore Bros Garage Pty Ltd (our current company title) has been incorporated with the other two trading names since 2011.
While our business has been trading since the '40s, there have been several changes during this time. The business has moved twice since it was established. Originally it was across the Bruce Highway (where Pizza Hut is now) and in September 1991 that building was dismantled and a new one built (where Hungry Jacks is now). In November 2007 the shed was literally lifted up with a large crane and moved across Hyne Street to its current location. Each time the building and premises have become bigger and better to provide a better service to our customers.
The garage was initially owned by brothers Maxwell (Max) and Harold Dore. While Max remained in the business for many years, Harold left to take up a career in refrigeration and Max became the sole owner. In 1986 Bernard Dore became the second owner and in 2012 Matthew Dore became the third owner.
While Dore Bros Garage has been passed down through the generations, we have been fortunate to maintain a few of our very first customers. Clyde Kunst is a local Gympie resident who has been visiting the garage for his automotive needs since we opened the doors in 1946 (Clyde would remember this is back when Max used to work on a lot of cream trucks and had a petrol bowser at the front of the shop). We believe that it is because we have strived to maintain consistently high standards of service that we have retained such loyal clientele.